Room Reveal…Christmas Edition!

Tuesday, December 16

For the last year {since moving back from Nepal} Kevin and I have lived with his parents. This decision to shack up with my in-laws was one we did not make lightly. One of my favorite things in the world is hosting and having others in our home. In the few years Kevin and I were married before we moved to Nepal, i'm not kidding when I say that we had company over for dinner at least once a week, and a big party almost every month. We thrive by welcoming others into our space.

But when I started grad school, it didn't make sense financially for us to have our own space when his parents so graciously offered their home to us. So we prayed a lot and felt a sense of peace in moving in with Kev's parents. They are the easiest people to live with, and we love them deeply. But of course, living in someone else's house is just different. When we first moved in a year ago, there was a whole lot of furniture in the room we moved in to…2 huge queen sized beds! Well…just about 3 months ago, they gave a bed away to a friend, opening up a huge space in our room! 

I asked my mother in law if I could do some decorating, and she gave a resounding "thumbs up!". So I went to town…big time! I'll save the before and after pictures for another time (because that merits a whole post in itself!) but today I wanted to share a little bit about how I decorated for Christmas!! 

But, what I love about this space of mine is that everything I bought was either free, a few dollars at a yard sale, bargained off craigslist, or on mega sale at a store. It doesn't have to be new or perfect to be wonderful!! Creating a welcoming space is about the love and care that goes into it, and not the amount of money we spend! Love is what fills a home, and all of us have that to give:) 

Enjoy sweet friends, and don't forget to come back Thursday, for i'll be sharing lots of stories behind each of these items!! xoxo Katie 


















The few items we did not get from a yard sale include:
- Herringbone throw blanket: Tiny Prints {soooo cozy!!}
- Lamp: Target
- Couches {I found the love seat at a Yard Sale and the chair on Craigslist, but they are originally Ikea
- Ottoman: Homegoods {on mega sale!} 
- Plant: Home Depot 
- Tree Stump Coffee Tables: Kevin and I made these with free wood we got off Craigslist! 

That's it…everything else (and I mean EVERYTHING ELSE} you see in this picture, is from a yard sale! Hooray!! I hope this gets you a little more into the Christmas spirit fiends:) Wishing you the loveliest of days!!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!