Rosarito Beach, Mexico

Monday, May 12



In Mexico your wishes have a dream power.” -William S. Burroughs

And so we spent 3 windswept days in Mexico with our closest friends, our life group. It was a retreat of sorts, a time to rest and just "be" together. A rare lapse of time, away from the busyness of life, to talk and laugh and play games, and eat with one another. And dream. Saturday night we gave everyone five minutes to share their dreams for the future. Can I just say how refreshing it was? Dreams are a part of our souls. God gives us dreams for the future, and He is the one who breathes life into them. There was a completeness to people after they shared their dreams, as if we were given a window into their soul to know them more. For some it was leaning deeper into their artistic talent, for others it was adoption and foster care, and for yet other it was living in community whether in the US or abroad. Some of our dreams overlapped, and that connection point meant something. For one of our dear friends, Erika, it is a dream of using art as an expression to bring peace in the middle east {you can read more about her endeavors here}. 

The sum of its parts is that we are a group who God has lit individual and communal visions in our hearts. And a synergy pumped heavy as we prayed into those dreams. 

I'll share more of Kevin and my dream later this week, but for now, enjoy the colorful pictures of Mexico. It's only a few hours from our house, but it is another world. 

Many happy thoughts towards you today friends:) Happy Monday! 






 Can't go to Mexico without stopping at a taco stand! yum yum:)


 My husband and a friend were a little "too" adventurous and slurped down some muscle soup. yikes!
 I stuck to a more traditional taco!

Surf time for the boys! 



{1st and 5th photo of me were taken by my lovely sister-in-law Jenna Cook

20 comments :

  1. Beautiful! I love the way you captured the trip. Yay for good friends and tacos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos, as always. x

    sharon @ shasummerwine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are STUNNING Katie! Such a gorgeous place. And I love that you were able to take some time to relax and talk about dreams, it sounds (and looks) like a perfect couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are gorgeous! Makes me want to ditch school and take a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such lovely memories you made! glad you had time to unwind & dream, and enjoy good friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are incredible! Mexico looks so beautiful, I've always wanted to go there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these photos are fantastic! Love all the colors!!!

    I've been craving a vacation like none other and this post just fueled the feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful pictures Katie! Looks like an amazing time for fellowship. Cant wait to hear about your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie, your images are stunning....like they're crisp off the pages of a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos! Also, speaking of dreams... I want to hear about this one I was in! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks so beautiful! this makes me even more excited to make it your way and i'm getting more and more excited each day to sit down for coffee together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, I love your photos. Can I ask what you use to edit your pictures? Do you use actions? I think as life gets busier, i appreciate those moments to just "be" more and more. I'm heading to my Mom's house for two weeks at the end of the month and can't wait to visit, relax, meditate and re-balance myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely family vacation! Love the brick and tiles.
    http://liveitinerantly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like a wonderful trip.
    Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay one: these pictures are GORGEOUS. Looove all the bright colors! Two: The whole concept of this little weekend getaway sounds amazing. I want one! And three: I love the way God gives each of us individual dreams. Dreaming is such an exciting with a God who makes all things possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Katie, these pictures are beautiful!! It looks like you had such a blast! What a gorgeous place to get away, I'm so glad y'all got a little break!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos! Looks like a lovely vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How nice that you had an amazing time & what beautiful pictures, I miss Mexico!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katie, your travel posts never ceased to amaze me! Such beautiful pictures :) Seems like you had a pretty amazing little vacation!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!