travel log: hania, the island of crete, greece

Monday, December 10


polly and i went to the island of crete because 
a) we both really wanted to go to greece
and 
b) ryanair only flew to two greek islands from dusseldorf, crete and rhoads. the rhoads tickets were all sold out..... 

so we bought a ticket to Hania knowing next to nothing about the island. which i recommend if going to greece, i just don't think you can go wrong! 

hania was seriously MORE than i ever expected. it was adorably quaint. our favorite memories were of getting lost in the old town, finding cheap and delicious food {hello gyros and greek salad!}, stumbling upon markets and sampling fresh feta, and sitting by the harbor playing cards until after midnight. 

i felt as though we were in a movie. {and side note, evidently kirsten dunst and viggo mortenson were in hania a week before we arrived filming the upcoming movie The Two Faces of January, which I can't wait to see!} 

honestly, polly and i loved every little nook and cranny of Hania, and couldn't recommend it more. 

and since it's monday, i've posted an excess of pictures because i'm too lazy to pare it down to make your work day more enjoyable!! 

love Katie 
 {the view out of our hostel window off our balcony!}
 {our hostel was right behind this lovely church}

16 comments :

  1. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what an absolutely beautiful place!! thanks for sharing your photos they are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such a pretty place! I love islands in general, so it wouldn't take much to convince me to visit one!! There's something amazing to me about being surrounded by water and living in a little mini-world separated from the rest of the world

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Katie...these pictures are amazing! Can I jump inside your pictures? I need a vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are unbelievable! What an amazing trip! I'd love to go to Greece someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So amazing!!! What a blessing to explore there!! You and your sister look gorgeous in all the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful pics!! Looks like you had a great time!! I would love to visit another country.......someday, someday :) Happy Monday!

    xoxo,
    Shio

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, what an incredibly beautiful place! youre looking gorgeous, as always my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, the view from your hostel is gorgeous! I definitely want to visit Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful pictures. you look gorgeous as always! Thanks for sharing your trip...looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. my husband and i were just talking about how amazing it would be to go there some day! it looks beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful girls, beautiful pictures! It looks so so amazing, I'm dying to visit Greece! Hopefully someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! Lovely pics! I'm looking to go there soon, and I'm doing some digging to figure out where to stay while in Crete. Any recommendations? Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Your pics are lovely! I'm planning a trip to Crete, and am looking for lodging recommendations. Any place you can suggest? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!