It's October!! A Fall Round-Up….

Thursday, October 1


Well golly, it's October! As I type this it's 90 degrees outside, i'm wearing a dress, drinking ice water, and wondering why it feels like mid-July! Oh Southern California! Ironically enough, the picture above was taken in Sweden in mid-July, but if felt more like October, haha! whatever weather!!

All that to say, friends, I am pumped we are transitioning into Autumn!! Changing leaves, sweaters/scarves/boots (if you don't live in SoCal), pumpkins galore, and all the goodies….swoon. Truly, Fall is magnificent! In order to honor the season, here are some fun Fallish things I found to usher us in, wherever you may be:)

Happy October loves…

3 Seasonal (Non-Dairy) Lattes

Being allergic to dairy, Fall drinks have been a tad harder to come by! But never fear, one of my favorite blogs A Beautiful Mess whipped up 3 delicious non-dairy drinks that I can't wait to try (when it gets cold enough, haha) 

21 Spectacular Places All People 

There are few things more breathtaking than Fall colors! Kev and I love to visit my family in Northern California in the Fall because the leaves are just BRILLIANT! We are actually headed up there in a few weeks, and I can't wait to crunch leaves! Is your city amazing in the Fall? One day my dream is to be in New England for Fall, I hear it's the best!! 

{via}
Decorating can be a fun way to get into the spirit of the season!! And this gorgeous garland is practically free (besides the glitter and glue!!). I can't wait to make it:) 



Nothing says "seasonal" like a good stew!! And this one is out-of-this-world!! I made it numerous times last year and can't wait to bust out my crock pot for this soon. The best part is, I can make it before I go to work, and when I get home, the whole house smells heavenly!! 

Read a Fall Book

So, curling up with a book and a hot beverage by the fire is a total hallmark of the days getting cooler! For some reason I always think of Ann of Green Gables when October rolls around because of her lovely quote "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” I'm so glad too! A book i've been dying to read (that my sweet Lovisa recommended) is by Rosamund Pilcher called September. It's set in Scotland is according to my friend, is just such a "cozy" book to read!! And of course, anything by Kate Morton (my current favorite author) would be perfect too!! 

What else are you doing this Fall to celebrate the season?? xoxo
ps- Congrats Julie on passing the bar!!!!!! You're awesome:)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!