A walk through the trees…some Fall reflections

Tuesday, November 18

“Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” - Jim Bishop

“Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.” - Lauren DeStefano, Wither

“Autumn...the year's last, loveliest smile." -William Cullen Bryant

There is something so incredibly magical about the Fall. Like the wind brings something new and the leave blossom so ripe and red and everything blazes with an intensity that makes a heart swell. Twelve years ago I was a brand new freshman in college. I was nervous and excited, bubbling with energy, a bag of fresh school supplies in tow, and eyes ready to drink my new life in.  My first day I bumped into a sunshine of a person in the hallway, her name was Holly. She was from San Diego, and it was her first time in Northern California. She came home with me a weekend that Fall, I raked up a leaf pile, and she jumped in the leaves for the first time in her life. It brings a smile wide on my face, remembering our laughter, as we delighted in the joys of Autumn. Truly, Autumn is a JOY. Now our roles are reversed. Holly and her husband live in Northern California, and Kevin and I live in Southern California. I am leaf and Fall deprived this time. But on Saturday, Kev and I drove up, into a world of dripping and painted with hues so rich and deep my heart felt so right and just alive. 

This was our walk. Through the trees. Happy Tuesday sweet ones…





No comments :

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!