Dreams

Thursday, May 15



Like I mentioned here, we shared our dreams in Mexico. I had spent that morning sitting on the beach, listening to the rhythm of the waves crashing in and exhaling out. It was my music as I sat soaking in the vision we have for our life. The bottom line is that only God knows what will actually transpire, but here are some of the special desires of our hearts as a couple (and a few individual ones of mine!)

- We both want to move abroad and serve God wherever he calls us. When we lived in Nepal, it felt so right, so ordained, and as thus our lives burst with meaning. It was not easy or glamorous, but it was good. Kevin has a special heart for Indonesia (where he used to live and coach basketball at a university there), so we are praying into this dream of possibly going back there. Or to Nepal…our hearts ache to go back and visit the girls we worked with. We'll see:)

- I want to finish my MFT program and get licensed (MFT stands for Marriage and Family Therapy…I am basically becoming a counselor). It's a long road, especially as I'm just in the beginning stages now. But my dream is to walk alongside and love people who need a listening ear. I especially have a heart for missionaries, so we'll see where God takes us!

- Kevin and I so desire an open home, where everyone is welcome. No matter where we live, I want a home that anyone can walk into at anytime and feel loved and welcome. When we lived in the neighborhood, we tasted such joy of living in community, kids wandering into our house every day. I desire my home to be a sanctuary of peace and joy. Right now we are living with Kev's parents, which is a huge blessing (as I finish grad school!), and we are feeling the love and welcome by them. I want to reproduce that!

- And like many of you, I want to be a mama. I don't know when that will be or the circumstances, but I pray that one day I will hold my babies in my arms and love them fiercely. And, I must say, I cannot wait to see Keivn as a father…he will be the best, I know it:)

- I also secretly want to move to Europe for a year. I've done a lot of traveling there, and lived in Italy during college, but I hope one day the Lord will give us a year (or more!) to soak in a special culture's life. I envision living in the Alps, but then Kevin reminds me I hate the cold, so maybe i'll settle for just vacationing in them while we are there:) We'll see where he takes us:) 

There are many more smaller dreams, but these are some of my bigger dreams. The bottom line is we just want to be used by God to shine His love into this world. We'll see where we end up, but i'm sure it will be more of an adventure than we can imagine…it already has! {just look at 2013 for instance!)

What are some of your dreams friends? Dreaming is good for the soul, right? 

Well, today I have 2 finals today! Pray for me…i'll need it (wink wink!! haha). Then after, I'm driving to Santa Barbara to have a spa weekend with my mom and sisters (and aunts and cousin!!). I am so looking forward to some early morning yoga, hiking, pampering, yummy food, and of course great company!! 

Happy Thursday friends,
ps- we leave for Turkey Monday! epp!!! I'm so excited!!

30 comments :

  1. I love your dreams- I may steal them ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Kaity, I was thinking the same! This is such a beautiful post. Maybe I might start a new ritual with my love where we do dream sessions because sometimes I need to capture them from the air and manifest them. I am sooo curious about Nepal and your experiences sounds divine. Good luck with finals!

      Delete
  2. i love that you're a dreamer, katie, and that you pursue those dreams so well. praying for your finals today!! and enjoy your weekend...sounds so relaxing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yall have such huge hearts! Thanks so much for sharing, it's so inspiring. I feel super blessed having come across this blog! xo christin eastman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Urghh, that post made my heart yearn! To love people and stand by them and welcome people into our home and for it to be a safe place . A spirit filled home. I feel like we are doing that to the best we can right now . And then to travel, oh to travel, I walk a thin line of gratitude and ungratefulness. Thankful for the past but asking God why he put that longing to travel in my heart if we don't have enough time off, or can't afford it. I guess I have to keep releasing it and trusting. Have a great weekend with your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dream about having an open home. Living in Paraguay all the houses are like that, it is normal to have people walking in and out all the time. At first it was hard for me to get accustomed to, but, now I love it and wouldn't want it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! Loved hearing your dreams and know that God will use you where He is working! It is just one, big, exciting adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw, these are lovely, beautiful dreams! i pray you guys get to see them come true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your dreams! This post inspired me to imagine my own dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love hearing others' dreams. How beautiful are these. I pray that they will come true for you all :) Wishing you the best luck on your finals and your trip to Turkey! I can't wait to hear all about it! :)

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your list! My dreams are along the same lines.. I want to have a welcoming home, become a momma, and travel/experience the world. Most of all I want to love God and love others well! Good luck on your finals and I look forward to your posts about Turkey!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moving overseas and serving God just became a dream of ours last year--and we are so excited to pursue it though the process has seemed long! Keep dreaming, and keep enjoying every stage of the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are praying about a year in Italy! Who knows, maybe we'll be in the same place at the same time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love hearing about your dreams Katie girl! I was nodding my head with so many of your dreams, praying they work out! Oh, and I totally hear you, there is something special about watching a man become a father, you and Kevin will make wonderful parents! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with your finals. I couldn't agree more, dreaming is good for the soul. Having an open home is so important to us too. I love when people stop by randomly and feel welcome. I love coming downstairs and hearing voices, chatter and laughter. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So excited about your trip to Turkey!! I feel the same way you do about Europe. My heart aches to go back to Italy, but anywhere in Europe would be a dream come true! I am hoping the Lord will orchestrate that somehow someday but no matter what, I know he has big plans for us-- and for you guys, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katie, I love your blog. I'm a new reader (only found you about two weeks ago) and I'm gobbling up new and old posts. I'm not Christian, I'm more of a mystic, but that means I have a deep love and appreciation for all things spiritual. I've read so many of your posts with my heart in my mouth because your faith shines through and it's incredibly touching. Anyway, I too, wrote a post about dreams this week: http://www.anotherworldisprobable.com/2014/05/11/living-in-fantasyland/. The post is originally from June of last year so my situation is different, but I'm reminding myself if my other dreams have come true, why not future ones? I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your dreams inspire 'me to be real about my own.There are dreams that I have in my heart that I am praying about and then there are those that seem to ludicrous to even ponder...not because I don't think it's possible but I'm not sure if it's expected by those around me....ohhh man thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your dreams sound wonderful and very inspirational! I hope you achieve everything that you wish for, and good luck on your finals :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of your dreams are beautiful and inspiring! My husband and I are having a difficult time adjusting to change but after reading this, I think I may have found the issue: our connection with God has grown weak! We read the Bible everyday but it means so little when we don't live our lives in unison with Him. Thank you so much for opening my eyes! You have a truly beautiful life and you and your loved one's are very blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your dreams!! They are inspiring and others-centered. I share similar dreams and am excited and eager to see how our faithful, loving, heavenly Father molds our dreams into His own and reveals what He has stored up for us. I have an inkling they are even greater than what we can imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your dreams are beautiful friend, just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have amazing dreams and a beautiful heart. Your story is so rich and I love that you and your husband are able to grow in love and experience all of these amazing milestones together abroadl. I admire your dreams and ambitions. Have a safe trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Katie I adore this! How about we all live in Asia for a little bit then hop on over to Europe for a couple years? Caleb and I have been talking about moving to Italy (or a few other European countries) for a few years. We can be neighbors, have everyone over, and then have babies together in Europe :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. My vote is come to England! It can be your hub and then you can visit all the European cities from here, as my next door neighbor of course ;) #dream

    ReplyDelete
  25. UGH, I love this post, Katie. I believe that the Lord often gives us our specific dreams for a reason, like a small glimpse into His heart for us, to take us where we long to be so that we can do His work!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that you not only dream, but step out in faith into those dreams. Continue on.

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are beautiful dreams! I have some of the same, and wish I was daring enough for others. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  28. what beautiful, inspiring, daring, and captivating dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i love hearing about your dreams for you and kevin. i know that no matter what, God is going to use you two in such amazing ways! let's escape to the beach when i get there ; )

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!