Hello New Friends:)

Friday, March 7


Hi new friends! I'm Katie and I'm so glad you are stopping by to say hello:)

On this blog we are all about adventure, and living an inspired life.
my motto is from Catherine of Siena, who said
"if you are what you should be, you will set the whole world ablaze."
because life has purpose, and meaning, and can be utterly beautiful, even in a broken place!
I'm learning to live as a gift to the world.

my husband and I are from California,
but have traveled to over 40 countries {and have lived in Indonesia, Thailand, Nepal and Italy}
I've finally gotten around to writing a travel series on
"How to Pay for Travel" because there are mad money-saving tricks to be had when it comes to adventure!
{you can see parts 1-6 below!}

we also believe very much in living in community, loving others and loving God. 
a few years ago we moved into a low income neighborhood, and it changed our life.
we experienced poverty, and gangs, and hardship like we had never seen,
but were overwhelmed with the relationships we made as our neighbors filled our hearts with love and joy.
last year, we lived in Nepal,
and worked at an aftercare home for girls rescued out of trafficking.
it.was.epic.
It was chaos, and colorful, and mostly life changing, as we fell in love with the girls we worked with!

Lastly, i'm all about being real. I live with an autoimmune disease called Lupus, but have found so much healing this past year (see here, and here). While living in Nepal I learned a lot about the power of forgiveness {here}, and saw the Lord replace my anxiety with a heart of peace {here}. 
I've put links to a few of my favorite posts below…so grab a cup of coffee and enjoy:) And please please drop me a line and say hello. My favorite thing is to make new friends!! Can't wait to hear from you!
love Katie 

Life in our Neighborhood in LA                                  Life in Nepal
how I ended up in the hood                                            Life at the home
VBS on our porch                                                          The brave girls we work with
hosting thanksgiving for our neighbors                            Celebrations in Nepal
Kev's brother moves in with us                                       Our marriage in Nepal 
Having an open house policy                                          On being rescued
                                                                                    The Hardest Goodbye ever
                                                                                    Nepali "firsts" 

Recent Travel                                                               Travel in Nepal
Vietnam: Hoi An Part 1 & 2, Halong Bay                          The time we almost died...like really
Cambodia: Angkor Wat, Siem Reap,                                Chitwan National Park (safari park)
                 Lotus Pond, Countryside,                               SwaymbouPashupati and Bouhda (temples) 
                 Ton Le Sap Lake, Phnom Penh                       Terai (the most rural place i've ever been!)
Thailand: Railay Beach, Phra Nang, Islands                      Pokhara ("resort" town of Nepal)
Greece: Hania and Elfaonissi Beach                                 Bhaktapur (the most adorable Nepali artisan town!) 
Germany: Hattingen and Dusseldorf                               

Travel Series "How to Pay for Travel"

Feel free to link up today to get to know some new bloggers:) Woo Hoo! 

Welcome to the
FRESH FACE FRIDAY BLOG HOP!
No prompt, just fun!

Hosted by: Casey @ We Took the Road Less Traveled

Rules for hopping:
1| Follow your host & co-hosts (first 3 links), pretty please! 
2| Link up your blog's homepage or Bloglovin' page.
3| Hop around, meet new bloggers, and leave them love!
4| Have fun? Spread the word and share this blog hop with your friends!
5| Want to be a co-host? Click here for more info! 

Grab a button and share the blog hop love!
We Took the Road Less Traveled
Tweet about this blog hop!

12 comments :

  1. I've so missed reading your blog, dear! I can't wait to read your "How to Pay for Travel" series, because I know I'm really going to need it someday if I plan on traveling on a low budget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have found your great blog through the Fresh Face Friday link up! It seems like you have allready been on so many great adventures and traveled to lots of wonderful places! I look forward to reading more about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this whole post as a reminder of the incredible life you two live!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I found you, Katie!! Looking forward to your posts :) x Michelle
    www.lipsticksandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I read your blog, I am so encouraged and inspired. So happy to have connected with you a while back. I've been away from blogging for about 3 months but I can't wait to get back into reading about your adventures!

    Lauren @ How Beautiful Are The Feet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is beautiful, open, honest, intriguing, and full of hope, faith and love. I love reading your posts and am so glad I stumbled upon it! I love your travel tips and hope one day my husband and I can utilize them! I look forward to reading more about your adventures and life. So pleased to "meet" you!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are just the cutest! Such a fun link up:) SO glad I know you friend. Your space is so encouraging my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, Katie. I'm bookmarking this page so I can read these great posts! So thankful for you, dear friend! You glow with the love of Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great post! Love the idea of this link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm just glad that i've got to know you through this space. you're such an amazing person! when you visit bali, you should let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, it's quite spectacular that you've been able to hop into various places, situations and set-up, and went across that breadth of geography. Somehow, it helped in finding what kind of livelihood and habitation most suits us, in terms of feeling and state of mind. Experience is always fine, though in my book, the Great White North has got its own stories and moments you can explore.

    Vancouver Canada Homes

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE that quote by Catherine of Siena!! It's a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!