yippee, a recipeeeeeeee

Wednesday, August 8

hello from GORGEOUS alaska! 

by now you probably all know my friend amanda, as i've mentioned her numerous times on my blog. not only does she live on the beach in okinawa japan, she also is an incredible cook/chef? (not sure what the right terminology is, you can see that whatever the right term is, i'm not that! haha)
and she takes lovely pictures...

today's recipe she's sharing with us is for pizza...come ON, who doesn't love pizza? 
Enjoy friends,
love Katie 

take it away amanda....

    Hi Hope Engaged readers! Katie asked me to share a recipe, and since pizza is eaten in our house so often, I wanted to share one of our favorites. 
    I love going up the street to our neighborhood farmer's market to get fresh veggies & fruit. One morning I bought bell peppers, garlic, onion and tomatoes, and    this pizza was born. 
    Ingredients: dough {amazing recipe here if you have time to make your own!},
    cherry tomatoes, garlic, bell peppers, onion, mozzarella, feta, salt, olive oil.
    Put all the chopped veggies plus the best part -- lots of chopped garlic -- on a baking sheet
    and drizzle with olive oil and salt.
    Broil or roast in the oven to get the flavors going & to keep the pizza from getting soggy.
     If you have a really handsome former high school pizza maker on hand, toss the dough.
    If not, roll out the dough, drizzle olive oil over it, spread out the mozzarella,
    add the roasted veggies, and top with crumbled feta.
    My Mama taught me that you can never use too much cheese.
    So after I took this photo I obediently added more.
    Thanks, Mom.
    Bake in a preheated 500-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
    OR - our favorite - grill it on the bbq.
    Utter deliciousness! And it's packed with nutrients from all those yummy veggies.
    It's now officially one of our favorites.
   Of two big pizzas, what was left between Cam, our good friend Meredith, and me.
   We all agreed: tasted like heaven and you need to make one... or just come over for dinner.

   Enjoy! And thanks for having me today my sweet friend!

8 comments :

  1. Yummy!!!! That looks SUPER good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm! I'll have a slice of that =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate pizza but that looks incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pizza looks amazing! I love that all the ingredients are fresh from the Farmer's market! And Alaska? I'm jealous! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pizza -I am lame and only like pepperoni or cheese but I have so many different ways of making it I could have it for a week straight. Even though I don't like half the stuff on this pizza it still looks delish. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! stopping in from "The Sweetness of Laughter". She recommended you as I am in search of some new blogs of women with like minded spirits and encouraging blogs :)

    Looking forward to catching up on some posts and sticking around! Blessings!

    P.S That pizza looks aaaamazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uwah! I wish I could come over for dinner to eat that and explore okinawa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok you are having me crave pizza right now and it is only 10:30am, my stomach will be growling for the next two hours until my lunch break and my mind will be on pizza until then

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!