travel log: alaska

Wednesday, August 1

 “To the lover of wilderness, Alaska is one of the most wonderful countries in the world.”
 - John Muir 

and so it is, these two Cookies are off to the wilderness. 
and by wilderness, I mean a cruise. 
so yeah, not so wild. 
it would be pretty cool to say we backpacked through the glaciars, slept in an igloo or flew across the frozen tundra in a dog sled,
but it's probably safe to say i'll come back with stories of all those crazy cruise people, or guided tours of totem poles, or whale watching. 

but mostly i'll come back with sweet, lovely memories. 
for 10 days, my entire dad's side of the family is celebrating the best thing in life: relationships!
my rockin' grandpa is 87, and I can't wait to spend time with him and my grandma. 
not to mention all my cousins, aunts/uncles, and siblings.   
party on a ship. what's not to like? 

kev and I are so excited to just spend time with the people we love. 
and laugh a lot! 

and I cannot believe that when we get back from the cruise, we will celebrate our 1 year anniversary! 
i'm actually so excited to share some of my thoughts on marriage with you, 
AND the story of kevin's sweet and epic proposal! 

in the meantime, I have a dear dear friend sharing her heart
a delish recipe from a brilliant darlin'
and "maybe" (if I have time) some pictures of Alaska from me! 

ok, off to catch our plane! 
much love sweet friends, 
love Katie 

14 comments :

  1. Have a BLAST in Alaska dear, I know you will. :) An Alaskan cruise is definitely in our future travel plans as well, can't wait to hear about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have so much fun!!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you to getaway, Katie! There is nothing like taking time to truly invest in the people you love most. Please take lots of pictures so you can share with us when you get back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun on your cruise, Katie! And congrats on your almost one year anniversary :) Can't wait to see all of the beautiful pictures & hear about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have so, so much fun, Katie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the cruise! I can't wait to see your photos when you get back, and hear about your thoughts on Victoria! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am positively green with envy that you are going to Alaska. I can't wait to see your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness I hope you have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to see pictures when you return :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on a beautiful vacation up to alaska! enjoy all the family time and then celebrating one year with your husband when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! Did you guys fly up to Seattle to board the ship? If you, you were just down the road from Zach and I! Have a ton of fun and Happy early Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Hope you're having an awesome time--that sounds great to take a cruise with lots of family together with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a gorgeous trip this will be! I can't wait to see your photos! I know you're having a grand time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have SOOOO much fun!!! I went on an Alaskan cruise for 10 days with my whole fam years ago in high school and still to this day I rave about it. Best.cruise.ever. Can't wait to hear all about it. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!